Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's Official... I'm writing a book!

I have really exciting news to announce. If you follow me on Facebook, you've already got the heads up, but for my blog readers I must make an apology for not letting you know sooner. I didn't mean to neglect you but you see, I've been just a little busy over the past few months creating concept designs and putting together a book proposal. And the exciting news is that the publisher has accepted my proposal and contracts have been signed. So in a nutshell, I'm writing my first jewellery making book.

How exciting is that!

So over the coming months I'll be pouring my heart and soul into this book. It will be a busy time with lots of projects being created, text being edited and oodles of step-by-step photographs being taken. I wish I could tell you more about the contents of the book but those details are still under wraps. What I can tell you though is that the jewellery techniques will take you where no other jewellery making books have taken you before and the designs involve one of my favourite stringing materials: leather.

I hope you'll join me on this journey as I share some of the ins and outs of writing a book. It will be a big learning process for me and I'd like to share some of that with you along the way. But after the many, many months of hard work ahead, I know it will be worth it when the book hits the bookstores.

My deadline is looming closer every day and I still have so much work to do. Right now, I'm creating some exquisitely, interesting jewellery designs and writing up instructions. I've gotta say that I'm really enjoying this phase of the process - the creative part is such fun!

So now you're up to date with what's happening here in my studio. I'll try not to neglect you as the process ramps up but remember, you can always check in with me on my Facebook page. Hope to see you there soon!

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.